Voice Over And Narration Services By Matuschka Lindo

Picture
by Matuschka Lindo

Sure hope this blog makes sense as I've had a rough week losing another friend. My last male friend taken at only 54 years of age. Don't get me wrong my very best friend and partner in life will always be my dear husband Malcolm. Science says it's impossible for men and women to just be friends and for the most part I agree. I am not one who really thinks a married woman should have a male friend. But I met Sean O'Brien when I was 22 years old, (before we even met our spouses) and damn I just could never get rid of him! HA! I set him up with so many college friends when we first met. Then my husband realized even after we got married that Sean was going to be the one male friend that wasn't going to drop off. But he also knew we never had a relationship, we were always just buds. (Thanks for putting up with us Malcolm and for trusting that you are my true love!) Sean and I were wild when we were single with no direction and usually up to mischief. When we each got married our friendship changed as it should... it found direction and evolved as we guided each other along the way sharing notes on how to tackle the bumps in the road that came up throughout the years. We had two meeting spots Carmelite Monastery or a local coffee shop. That's where we laughed, prayed and tried to navigate the compass of our lives. The talks were raw, the friendship was true and the navigation not always easy. The last five years the hardest of them all. Alas my Irish friend you no longer have to fight... you may now rest. God has put you on a course for eternal peace.

Oh my (deep breathe) friendship at midlife is hard. I feel like we are in the midst of adjusting to changes in our lives so there's no room for patience because the changes aren't pretty. We definitely don't have any time left for mean girls! Bye Bye Bitches! But really, midlife gets weird because your friends are a range of ages and stages... not like when you were in high school. Some are empty nesters they are doing new things working on redefining their relationships and families. Others are welcoming grandkids and traveling more to see them. Yet others are picking up and moving cities all together. So begins the friendship shift. Nothing intentional just life in motion. Throw in the lost of a few good friends and your world becomes a little more fragile. There are many other reasons that cause friendship loss at midlife. I've said it before, I believe we all get a little more selfish as we age, because time is precious. We start becoming very particular with who we want to spend time with... not to mention we start cherishing more alone time.

Studies show for women in general it is very important to have good female friends. One article I found says that we need friends in midlife more than ever! The studies also say surface friends aren't enough... we need true friends. It helps us through stress and with all that we have to deal with as we grow older. Down sizing into new neighborhoods with new people and new changes. No longer having kids and school or sports activities, to help us not only make friends, but plan our weekends. Dealing with aging parents, retirement, and health issues. It's a lot to swallow and a heavy cross to carry alone. I am so blessed to have True Female Friends. Friends who help me carry my cross, pick up the pieces, celebrate tragedies and victories. Maybe that's why it's just so hard for me when a friend is taken away. As I said it's been a tough year. The big guy upstairs has taken some good ones. Maybe it means I have new friends coming? Maybe my job is to spend more time with the ones I still have? I can honestly say that being a good friend isn't always easy. But to have a good friend you must be one, and taking the time to nurture a friendship is worth every bit of work it takes. This Thanksgiving I thank God for every one of my friends. The ones who have passed and the ones who are still here to celebrate life. May God keep you all in his special care until he brings us together again. Téigh le Dia mo chara na hÉireann- Go with God my Irish Friend~

Keep looking forward so you don't miss what God puts in front of ya!

Matuschka's Midlife... Telling it like it is...

Comments

Jim Winkelmann
11/18/2015 7:45am

A very nice memorial Matushka. We never know when the good Lord will call us home.

Matuschka
11/18/2015 10:11pm

So very true Jim... So true

John T
11/18/2015 10:03am

He was blessed to have a good friend when he needed one the most. I like to think that when we let go and say there he goes, someone on the other side shouts "look!" "Here he comes!"

Matuschka
11/18/2015 10:13pm

That's BEAUTIFUL John, I've never heard that. Love thinking of it that way!

Sisi Edlund
11/18/2015 6:54pm

Matushka.....Did you meet Sean thru Rick ad I??

Matuschka
11/18/2015 10:13pm

YES SISI!!!!

Janifer Cordell Kuepers
11/18/2015 10:35pm

Matushka, you have grown so much in your journey in life. Sorry to hear you have lost another close friend. Your post always are so well done and I still think of you a lot. I am not a close friend but I really am
proud that you are so precious and thoughtful with words. I am just a mom of James and Paul but for some reason you have always been in my thoughts. Jan

Matuschka
11/19/2015 7:18am

Jan- Thank you for those very kind words. By the way you are not just a mom... Your words show that you are a caring and loving person which translates to an amazing mom! xo

Amy Bradshaw
11/19/2015 8:02pm

Matushka, I am so sorry for the loss of your very dear friend. Thinking of you! Love you! Amy

Matuschka
11/19/2015 8:16pm

04/22/2016 3:30pm

The chinese and all types f the perfection are induced and amid. It is the way forward and medium odor the types. It is kindness of the teachers and all professionals. It is the themes and all prospects of the betterment.

02/04/2017 6:16am

This sound a little baised . Be polite and Santa would bring you a present.

08/23/2016 10:33pm

Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?<a href="http://www.itesppresso.es">nike air max 90 baratas</a> A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out.<a href="http://www.alerja.es">zapatillas nike air max</a> Please let me know where you got your design. Thanks

03/01/2017 11:26pm

This Appvn is a completely free app, and one could have benefits with its exclusive features for absolutely no cost

05/03/2017 4:04am

This article is for the candidates who had registered their names for the TET examination. Here is the AP TET Admit Card 2017.

06/15/2017 11:45am

Gmail record is a free email account advantage which is given by none other than Google.

06/15/2017 11:46am

Gmail is a champion among the most extensively used email-based web advantage which has more than 1 billion dynamic customers around the globe.

07/10/2017 12:13am

great post

We have technology, finally, that for the first time in human history allows people to really maintain rich connections with much larger numbers of people.The Internet has been the most fundamental change during my lifetime and for hundreds of years.

YooganITech is a worldwide pioneer in counselling, innovation, and outsourcing .Built up in 2013 IT administrations organization with more than 50 Workers.Making your organization exceed expectations with an incomprehensible low consumption..

FortuneITechologies is a leading web development company. which provides Website Design and Development,Domain Registeration,Web Hosting,Ecommerce Solution,CMS,IOS Application,SEO,SMO,Digital Marketing

09/02/2017 7:54am

Peggo is an application that helps you record your favorite YouTube videos. It is one of most popular applications for recording videos into MP3 and MP4.